General Awareness is one of the most important and scoring sections in all competitive exams. Exams Era updates daily Current Affair quizzes, Follow ExamsEra for more quizzes.
Current Affairs Questions: (19th & 20th February 2020):
1. Which state government has launched the development work for the SAMALEI Project (Samaleswari Temple Area Management and Local Economy Initiatives), to offer divine experience to tourists & devotees?
2. Which Motor Company [Headquarter: Seoul, South Korea] has launched a Transformer-like robocar dubbed as TIGER X-1, that can travel over the most challenging terrains on the Earth as well as on other planets?
[‘TIGER’ stands for ‘Transforming Intelligent Ground Excursion Robot’, and the X-1 denotes its experimental status]
3. Which global forecasting firm has revised India’s economic growth projection for the year 2021 to 10.2 percent?
Ans: Oxford Economics
4. Which company has the title sponsors of IPL for the 2021 edition?
5. Prime Minister of which country, Giorgi Gakharia has announced his resignation?
6. Who has been awarded the SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award?
Ans. YS Jaganmohan Reddy
7. In which state is the 11th edition of the National Culture Festival organized?
Ans. West Bengal
8. Who is the Chief Minister of Goa?
Ans: Pramod Pandurang Sawant
9. Who is the Chairman & Managing Director of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited?
Ans: R Madhavan
10. Which Ministry has launched the Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban, JJM-U?
Ans: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
[→ The Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan has been launched in 10 cities, which are Agra, Badlapur, Bhubaneswar, Churu, Kochi, Madurai, Patiala, Rohtak, Surat, and Tumkur]
11. The National Informatics Centre (NIC), under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has launched an instant messaging platform called __________.
12. Which e-commerce company has partnered with ICICI Lombard to offer its customers the ‘Group SafeGuard’ insurance, a group health insurance policy?
13. Who has launched the ‘E-Cantonment Portal’?
Ans. Rajnath Singh
14. What has the IPL team Kings XI Punjab changed its name to?
Ans. Punjab Kings
15. Who has become the new Director-General of the Special Assembly of ISA?
Ans. Ajay Mathur
16. Where is the National Sanskrit Festival 2021 going to be held?
Ans. West Bengal
17. Which state’s chief minister has inaugurated the Abhyudaya scheme?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
18. Mario Draghi has become the new Prime Minister of which country?
19. The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to build the dacoit museum in which district?
20. Who has been honoured with the “Hall of Fame” award in the 20th edition of the Indian Television Academy Awards recently?
Ans: Ekta Kapoor
21. Who has become the new leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha after the retirement of Ghulam Nabi Azad?
Ans: Malikarjun Kharge
22. Who has become the richest person in the world by displacing Elon Musk?
Ans: Jeff Bezos
23. Who is the CEO of electric car manufacturer Tesla and aerospace company SpaceX?
Ans: Elon Musk
24. Who virtually inaugurated & Laid Foundation Stone for several key projects related to Oil & Gas Sector in Tamil Nadu?
Ans: Narendra Modi
[ The projects are:
→ Inauguration of 143 Km Long Ramanathapuram-Thoothukudi section of Natural Gas Pipeline
→ Inauguration of Gasoline Desulphurisation unit at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Manali, Chennai.
→ Laid Foundation stone of Cauvery Basin Refinery at Nagapattinam]