General Awareness is one of the most important and scoring sections in all competitive exams. Exams Era updates daily Current Affair quizzes, Follow ExamsEra for more quizzes.
Current Affairs Questions: (8th March 2020):
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the Valedictory Session of the Combined Commanders’ Conference in Kevadia. Where is Kevadia located?
- Who inaugurated the 2-day All India State Judicial Academies Directors’ Retreat at Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh?
Ans: President – Ram Nath Kovind
- The Border Roads Organisation has constructed a 200-feet bailey bridge on Joshimath-Malari road across the Rishiganga river in which state?
- How many scholars from six countries have been recommended for the award of India Science and Research Fellowship 2021?
Ans: Forty [The government had launched India Science and Research Fellowship Programme for Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand researchers. It has been implemented since 2015.]
- Which country is the host of the multinational Exercise Desert Flag?
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan addressed the inaugural session of TechBharat 2021. It has been organised by ____________.
Ans: Laghu Udyog Bharati and IMS Foundation
- Najaf is a city located in which country?
- Which organization has published the “Food Waste Index Report, 2021”?
Ans: United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Which state has introduced the night safaris in the three national parks?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh [With the introduction of night safaris in three national parks, wildlife enthusiasts can now experience the majestic animals at night. The three parks include the Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, and Pench National Park.]
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with the ___________ have announced to launch the ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ for millions of Indian merchants.
Ans: SBI Payments
- The Land Ports Authority of India works under which Union Ministry?
Ans: Ministry of Home Affairs
- Which team has won the highest medal in the Khelo India Winter National Games 2021?
Ans: Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
- Chabahar Port is located in which country?
- Who has been appointed as the Revenue Secretary of India to replace the incumbent Ajay Bhushan Pandey?
Ans: Tarun Bajaj
- Which company has launched YIELD, which is an online tool to enable retail investors direct access to the debt instruments to buy and sell bonds as well as debentures in the secondary market?
Ans: Axis Securities
- The Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation comes under the administrative control of which ministry?
Ans: Ministry of Labour and Employment